Gospel artist and actress Tamela Mann has blessed us with chart-topping songs like "Take Me to the King" and given life to one of our favorite Tyler Perry characters, Cora (Meet the Browns). Despite years in the spotlight, there's still more to learn about this extraordinary woman. And on Saturday July, 18 at 10P/9C she will share her story with fans on the season finale of Centric's docu-series BEING.
But before you tune-in, here are 9 facts you should know about Tamela Mann.
1. Tamela Mann began her musical career in 1993 when she joined Kirk Franklin's vocal ensemble 'The Family.'
2. Tamela Mann and her husband, fellow actor and gospel artist, David Mann were both part of 'The Family' and were featured on Kirk Franklin's debut album.
3. Recently, Tamela Mann made Gospel music history with three consecutive No.1 songs on the Billboard chart! "This Place," "Take Me to the King," and "I Can Only Imagine" are all off her third album Best Days.
4.The Texan gospel artist began her acting career when she joined the cast of Tyler Perry's play I Can Do Bad All By Myself.
5. Tamela Mann has starred in several TV shows alongside her husband including Tyler Perry's scripted sitcom Meet the Browns, the BET reality show It's a Mann's World and the scripted comedy Mann & Wife.
6. Tamela and her husband David Mann also have their own cooking show, Hanging With the Manns, where the couple cook up meals inspired by the day's adventures.
7. Since the release of her 2005 debut album Gotta Keep Movin', Tamela Mann has received numerous nominations and awards for her music including the 2014 BET Award for "Best Gospel Artist."
8. In June 2015, Tamela was invited to sing at the White House for President Obama and First Lady Michelle as part of the "In Performance at the White House" series in celebration of the role Gospel has played in American history.
9. Tamela is co-owner of her label Tillymann Music Group and is working on a new fourth solo album set to be released in early 2016!
(Photo: Jason Kempin/Getty Images for BET)