Bill Cosby has caught a small break in his ongoing sexual assault scandal, as the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office has declined to file criminal charges against the 78-year-old star in relation to a pair of sexual assault allegations.
The first claim came from a woman who said Cosby forced her to have sexual intercourse with him in 1965, when she was just 17 years old. She alleges the pair went to a jazz club where he bought her alcoholic beverages before raping her at an unknown residence in the Hollywood Hills.
On Wednesday, the DA's Office concluded the case had reached the statute of limitations and they would not be pressing charges.
The second claim came from a then 18-year-old woman who said she was sexually assaulted by Cosby in 2008 while attending a party at the Playboy Mansion. She alleged she became dizzy after drinking an alcoholic beverage given to her by Cosby, who then took her to a bedroom upstairs. She claimed she woke up naked with Cosby at the foot of the bed biting her toe.
Investigators were unable to find Cosby's name on any of the guest lists for the night in question.
Cosby is currently facing sexual assault charges from an alleged 2004 incident. He was arraigned last month in Pennsylvania.