Terrence Howard's ex-wife is going back into battle against the "Empire" star in a new lawsuit that claims he assaulted her in 2013.
Michelle Ghent filed the civil complaint Tuesday in Los Angeles, with allegations that Howard punched, kicked and strangled her while staying in a rental house in Costa Rica. From The Hollywood Reporter:
"The complaint describes that on the evening of July 29, 2013, Howard 'followed Plaintiff into the restroom of the rental house and punched her on the left side of her face. Defendant also grabbed Plaintiff by her neck and pushed her against the bathroom wall and strangled her for several seconds,' states the complaint. The filing continues he 'grabbed her neck again and pinned her against the shower glass and her head hit the wall" when she tried to flee the room, leading the actor's son-in-law Billy to intervene.
'While Billy tried to pry Defendant's hands from Plaintiff's neck, Defendant whispered to Plaintiff, 'Remember what I told you in Bora Bora? That is what I'm gonna do,' referring to a prior instance where Defendant told Plaintiff that her body would never leave the island,' states the complaint. 'Plaintiff interpreted the reference to mean that Defendant was going to kill her.'
Later on the evening of July 29, claims Michelle, he charged at her and she pepper-sprayed him in the face. 'Defendant continued swinging his arms and caused Plaintiff to fall down. While Plaintiff was on the ground, Defendant repeatedly mule-kicked Plaintiff in the head and shoulders,' states the complaint."
Ghent is suing for assault and battery, intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress and defamation. It is unclear the amount she is seeking in damages.
Ghent and Howard have been at odds since their divorce in February 2011 after just one year of marriage. The actor's ex-wife had previously come forward with claims of domestic abuse and most recently took him to court over spousal support payments.
(Photo: Michael Buckner/Getty Images for Bing)